[flashrom] MX25L6473E

Emmanuel Cardona emmanuel.cardona at insa-lyon.fr
Wed Aug 8 11:46:19 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm French guy and i have a problem with my motherboard.

After MAJ bios failed on my MSI-Z87-G45, i have search to the web for solution and i've find : CH341A With Flashrom.

I buy CH341A Black Edition with Cable Clip SOIC 8, In order not to have to desolder the chip.

Check Ubuntu 18.04 on Laptop = ok
Check install flashrom (sudo apt-get install flasrom) = ok
Check install https://github.com/gschorcht/spi-ch341-usb = ok

Then, in general didn't work > Flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found automatically.

But it worked twice and here is the message :

Calibrating delay loop ... OK.
Found Generic flash chip "unknown SPI chip (RDID)" (0 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi.
===
This flash part has status NOT WORKING for operations: PROBE READ ERASE WRITE
...bla bla bla ....
Read is not working on this chip. Abording

Ok now, that is my chip : MXIC MX25L6473E M2I-10G 3P261900 L13511S

Something missing on my linux distribution? (drivers configuration ...)

I need your help or advices.

Thanks

Emmanuel

PS : Sorry, my English so bad.