[flashrom] Compiling from source on Chromebook:GalliumOS - can't get libusb?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Tue Nov 7 23:10:29 CET 2017

Hi Anders,

On 07.11.2017 21:31, Anders Nelson wrote:
> Argh:
>
> ===
>
> root at chrx:/home/chrx/Github/flashrom# flashrom -p ft2232_spi
> flashrom v0.9.9-rc1-r1942 on Linux 4.9.4-galliumos-braswell (x86_64)
> flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org
>
> Error: Unknown programmer "ft2232_spi". Valid choices are:
> internal, dummy, nic3com, nicrealtek, gfxnvidia, drkaiser, satasii, atavia,
> it8212, serprog, buspirate_spi, dediprog, rayer_spi, pony_spi, nicintel,
> nicintel_spi, nicintel_eeprom, ogp_spi, satamv, linux_spi, pickit2_spi,
> ch341a_spi.
> Please run "flashrom --help" for usage info.
>
> ===
>
> "ft2232_spi" is what I see in the source code, should I be using another
> option to use my FTDI 2232H board as a programmer?

no, that's the right one. But the `make` failed you again. It checks if
libftdi is available and silently ignores ft2232_spi if not (even if
explicitly asked to build ft2232_spi support in, pretty weird). Anyway,
the solution is simple, install libftdi along with it's development
package. Under Ubuntu this would be `apt-get install libftdi-dev`. Then
run the same `make` command again.

Hope that (finally) helps,
Nico