[flashrom] Compiling from source on Chromebook:GalliumOS - can't get libusb?

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Wed Nov 1 11:28:51 CET 2017

On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 00:18:58 +0000
Anders Nelson <anders.k.nelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the latest stable source on my Ubuntu-based GalliumOS
> system running on a recent x86_64 Chromebook.
>
> I get the error:
>
> ichspi.o: In function `ich_init_spi':
> ichspi.c:(.text+0x26b2): undefined reference to
> `read_ich_descriptors_via_fdo'

Hi,

can you please post more details about your build environment?
E.g., the output of
cc -v
cc -dM -E - < /dev/null

The latter should output all preprocessor defines, excluding/including
the culprit 64b macros.

According the best source I am aware of
(https://sourceforge.net/p/predef/wiki/Architectures/) both, __amd64__
and __x86_64__ should be equivalently available in all systems we care
about. But as Nico stated we have used both (and some additional
variations) in various places which makes such breakage possible.
Maybe we should use a similar approach as for discerning OSes with a
central header file defining our own macros... I have once started such
a thing in hwaccess.c.