[flashrom] Flashrom and DirectHW on MacOS

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 01:26:45 CEST 2017

I am interested in getting flashrom running on MacOS, but it seems that the
DirectHW package [1] which it depends on hasn't been updated for quite some
time and won't install on Sierra (10.12.4).

There's an updated branch of DirectHW from PureDarwin [2] that resolves
compilation errors due to Xcode changes. However it doesn't update the
packager from packagemaker to pkgbuild and productbuild.

I'm a Mac n00b and didn't get far trying to make it all work, and was
curious if there's anyone who would like to take a swing at this. Getting
DirectHW updated will also help with other low-level tools. I'd be happy to
help test and get patches committed.

[1] https://review.coreboot.org/cgit/directhw.git
[2] https://github.com/PureDarwin/DirectHW