[flashrom] Namespace prefix for libflashrom

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sat Apr 22 18:42:09 CEST 2017

Hi flashrom folks,

working again on implementing the libflashrom interface described here
[1]. During review [2] the question arose what `fl_` means and if we
don't want to use something else. The following alternatives were pro-
posed in the wiki:

  * fl_ / FL_ (probably *fl*ashrom)
  * lf_ / LF_ (*l*ib *f*lashrom)
  * lfr_ / LFR_ (*l*ib *f*lash *r*om)
  * rom_ / ROM_

IIRC, on IRC the following was proposed:

  * fr_ / FR_ (*f*lash *r*om)

I don't think it has to be an acronym, so I'd add:

  * flash_ / FLASH_
  * flashrom_ / FLASHROM_

My personal preference would be either `fr_` or `flash_`.

I think this will be open for discussion only for few days. Moving
forward is currently more important than finding the perfect name.

Best regards,
Nico

[1] https://www.flashrom.org/Libflashrom
[2] https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/17946/