[flashrom] W836xx: Flex 3-1570: flashrom -V

Laptander developer dev-laptander at ya.ru
Sat Mar 26 06:05:37 CET 2016

Hello, flashrom asked me to send output of flashrom -V here.

sudo flashrom -p internal -V
------- Start of output -------
flashrom v0.9.6.1-r1563 on Linux 3.16.0-38-generic (x86_64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

flashrom was built with libpci 3.1.9, GCC 4.7.1, little endian
Command line (3 args): flashrom -p internal -V
Calibrating delay loop... OS timer resolution is 1 usecs, 2887M loops per second, 10 myus = 10 us, 100 myus = 99 us, 1000 myus = 997 us, 10000 myus = 9998 us, 4 myus = 4 us, OK.
Initializing internal programmer
No coreboot table found.
DMI string system-manufacturer: "LENOVO"
DMI string system-product-name: "80JM"
DMI string system-version: "Flex 3-1570"
DMI string baseboard-manufacturer: "LENOVO"
DMI string baseboard-product-name: "Flex 3-1570"
DMI string baseboard-version: "31900058 WIN"
DMI string chassis-type: "Notebook"
Laptop detected via DMI.
W836xx enter config mode worked or we were already in config mode. W836xx leave config mode had no effect.
Active config mode, unknown reg 0x20 ID: fc.
Please send the output of "flashrom -V" to
flashrom at flashrom.org with W836xx: your board name: flashrom -V
as the subject to help us finish support for your Super I/O. Thanks.
WARNING! You seem to be running flashrom on an unsupported laptop.
Laptops, notebooks and netbooks are difficult to support and we
recommend to use the vendor flashing utility. The embedded controller
(EC) in these machines often interacts badly with flashing.
See http://www.flashrom.org/Laptops for details.

If flash is shared with the EC, erase is guaranteed to brick your laptop
and write may brick your laptop.
Read and probe may irritate your EC and cause fan failure, backlight
failure and sudden poweroff.
You have been warned.
Aborting.
Error: Programmer initialization failed.

-------- End of output -------

I have read warning about using flashrom on laptops. So I made a full backup of bios by fpt on freedos. By the way, why my chipname (N25Q064) is marked as supported in hardware list?
Also, is it possible to place my serial info into cap file from vendor?