[flashrom] [GSoC 2016] Obscure Features, Locking/Unlocking of Access Protection and CFI

Hatim Kanchwala hatim at hatimak.me
Fri Mar 25 00:20:17 CET 2016

Hello,

I have applied for GSoC 2016 with flashrom. Here's the link to my proposal - https://goo.gl/Iswzlv. Please have a look.

I am wondering whether to include any stretch goals. Following are the ideas (as discussed over IRC) -
* libflashrom - review and improve pending patches from Nico and Lukasz
* Frequencies - store maximum frequency for chip - possible leads to faster reads
* Multi I/O SPI - but, first look at pending patches - not many programmers will be useful

I have less than 20 hours before deadline, so I would appreciate quick responses. Personally, GSoC is important for me so any feedback or comment you have to offer will be valuable. Thank you for your time. :)

--
Kind Regards,
Hatim Kanchwala