[flashrom] PATCH: whitelist for ThinkPad T500 and R400

Francis Rowe info at gluglug.org.uk
Sun Mar 13 12:45:07 CET 2016

Hi Stefan,

On 12/03/16 00:58, Stefan Tauner wrote:
> Hello Francis, thanks for your patch. Yes, they should be added. Could
you please also post the respective lspci logs? IIRC the vendor's flash
descriptor prohibits flashrom from fully working on these machines, right?

Flash descriptor setting is irrelevant afaik, but yes, it can
write-protect the chip. I don't have ability to get logs at the moment,
but I've been using these whitelists on the laptops they're for, with
all regions set read-write in a [modified] descriptor region that sets
the whole chip read-write, and they do work.

Regards,
Francis Rowe.