[flashrom] Supermicro X9SRH-7F/7TF

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Mar 12 01:31:01 CET 2016

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 08:25:16 -0800
Eric Donaldson <eric at zadarastorage.com> wrote:

> Sorry about that, thought I had included the command I was running. I was
> just running the probe on it to figure out if I was going to be able to
> read and write to flash, then it said to run it verbosely and submit it.
> `flashrom -p internal:pci=01:00.0`

I think you are confusing the internal programmer with nicintel_spi
(etc). The internal programmer is actually used to access the flash
chip of the mainboard containing the firmware of the board and possibly
its on-board peripherals. Thus it *might* contain the PXE firmware as
well but there is no easy way to prepare images for that.

However, from what you wrote so far I think you want to use
nicintel_spi and friends to access the boot flash of dedicated NICs.
For them the pci parameter makes way more sense as well :)