[flashrom] Successfull READ and WRITE on W25X64

Manuel Dejonghe manuel.dejonghe at primekey.de
Mon Jan 11 10:30:20 CET 2016

On 09.01.16 17:12, Stefan Tauner wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jan 2016 02:56:52 +0100
> Manuel Dejonghe <manuel.dejonghe at primekey.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I just wanted to report success (as the tool requests) for reading and
>> writing to a winbond W25X64VFIG during installation of libreboot on my
>> lenovo thinkpad x200.
>>
>> The programmer I used was a RasPi 2 linux_spi wired directly with
>> soldered wires.
>
> Hello Manuel,
>
> thanks for your report!
> I have marked the flash chip as fully tested and will commit that later
> together with other small changes. However, your write log does
> actually not proof anything because the data in the chip was already
> equal to the image file as can be seen by the message at the end.
> Please consider that for any further logs you send, thanks.

Hi there,
thank you for the feedback.
Of course, I should have thought about that, that was stupid of me,
sorry. Next time that I'll open the device (for reflashing), I'll redo
the log so that you will have proper proof.
The way this happened this time was "okay, let's first see if it works,
then I'll redo the operation with a logfile so that I can send them
something.

thank you,
Manuel