[flashrom] Successfull READ and WRITE on W25X64

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jan 9 17:12:13 CET 2016

On Thu, 7 Jan 2016 02:56:52 +0100
Manuel Dejonghe <manuel.dejonghe at primekey.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just wanted to report success (as the tool requests) for reading and
> writing to a winbond W25X64VFIG during installation of libreboot on my
> lenovo thinkpad x200.
>
> The programmer I used was a RasPi 2 linux_spi wired directly with
> soldered wires.

Hello Manuel,

thanks for your report!
I have marked the flash chip as fully tested and will commit that later
together with other small changes. However, your write log does
actually not proof anything because the data in the chip was already
equal to the image file as can be seen by the message at the end.
Please consider that for any further logs you send, thanks.