[flashrom] Multiple vs. No flash chip; depends on -c parameter

Rudolf Dovičín rudolf.dovicin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:41:33 CEST 2016

Hello flashers. :-)

I try rewrite BIOS on ThinkPad X200 by instructions on:
https://Libreboot.org/docs/install/x200_external.html

I use OrangePi PC instead of BeagleBone Black.

When I try to read from chip with command:
flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0,spispeed=512 -r factory_1.rom
I get reply with "Multiple flash chip definitions match the detected chip...".

When I try to add any of detected chips to command line parameter, e. g.
flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0,spispeed=512 -r factory_1.rom
-c "MX25L6405"
I get error "No EEPROM/flash device found."

Please, where can be the problem?
--
Rudolf Dovičín
Partizánska 1506/92-34
xmpp:ruwolf at jabbim.sk
(cellular: +421 940 872 846, short messages only)