[flashrom] Giving to -i option some real use

Nico Huber nico.huber at secunet.com
Fri Apr 22 13:35:29 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I'm interested too in this feature. My use case is internal flashing on
modern Intel systems where parts of the flashchip are read protected.
This is a priority for me during the next week, but I believe my time is
better spent reviewing someone else' patch than reinventing my own.

There are also other patches floating around that look like tackling the
same problem. I'll look at these today:

https://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2013-September/011599.html
along with a branch on github:
https://github.com/stefanct/flashrom/tree/layout

https://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2014-October/012967.html

On 21.04.2016 22:36, Salvador Eduardo Tropea wrote:
> What about reading the whole erase regions affected by each interval?
> (like David points out)
Another option to enforce the whole erase region is read, is to simply
constrain the used block erasers to those that match the layout. This
would simplify things a lot. And, IMO, you can have a layout with erase
block aligned regions in most use cases.

Regards,
Nico

--
M. Sc. Nico Huber
Senior Berater SINA-Softwareentwicklung

Tel.: +49-201-5454-3635, Fax: +49-201-5454-1325
E-Mail: nico.huber at secunet.com
Mergenthalerallee 77, 65760 Eschborn, Deutschland
www.secunet.com

Sitz: Kurfürstenstraße 58, 45138 Essen, Deutschland
Amtsgericht Essen HRB 13615
Vorstand: Dr. Rainer Baumgart (Vors.), Thomas Pleines
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Peter Zattler