[flashrom] Gmail's blocking flashrom mails

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jan 18 21:53:14 CET 2015

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 09:58:10 +0000
John Lewis <jlewis at johnlewis.ie> wrote:

> Well, https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en suggests using
> the same IP's, having reverse DNS records set up, and also use something
> like DKIM. I can see by DNS lookup that you don't have a DKIM TXT
> record. DKIM would be my recommendation, rather than telling people they
> can't use Gmail.

SPF and DKIM alone is not enough and even with DMARC (implemented for
the coreboot.org ml some mails are still detected as spam according to
patrick, although it already changes how mailing lists work...

I am not telling anybody not to use Gmail. I have just notified
affected parties about possible consequences in doing so. If you take
pleasure in configuring DNS and mail servers, drop Patrick a mail... I
certainly don't. :)

And with that I'd like to stop spamming people directly. We can
continue the discussion on-list if need be.