[flashrom] Report on Flashing chip

Евгений Черкашин eugeneai at irnok.net
Thu Dec 24 03:29:31 CET 2015

Hi!

> On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 02:42:56 +0000
> Евгений Черкашин <eugeneai at irnok.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I saw Your notification when flashing my Motherboard BIOS.
> >
> > It said that flashing is successful
> >
> > Base Board Information
> >     Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
> >     Product Name: P5GD1-VM
> >     Version: Rev 1.xx
> >     Serial Number: MB-1234567890
> >

> > Reboot was successful too.
> >

> > CHIP ID: W39V040FA
>
> Hi Евгений,
>
> thanks for your report! I wonder if you had to enable the untested
> board enable to make it work (because I would expect that but you did
> not mention anything about that)?

No special enablings were performed. If it were so I'd not be risky.

> Also, which flashrom version did you
> use?

root at xserv:~# flashrom --version
flashrom v0.9.8-r1888 on Linux 4.2.5-1-ARCH (x86_64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

This version is set up today, and I could not figure out what version was
at August 24. 2015. ;-)

> In any case I have marked the flash chip as fully tested and will
> commit that later together with other small changes.

Thaks for allowing me in the testing process participation.

> --
> Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Stefan Tauner

Best regards,
Evgeny Cherkashin