[flashrom] Report on Flashing chip

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 24 02:24:19 CET 2015

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 02:42:56 +0000
Евгений Черкашин <eugeneai at irnok.net> wrote:

> Hi!
> I saw Your notification when flashing my Motherboard BIOS.
>
> It said that flashing is successful
>
> Base Board Information
>     Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
>     Product Name: P5GD1-VM
>     Version: Rev 1.xx
>     Serial Number: MB-1234567890
>

> Reboot was successful too.
>

> CHIP ID: W39V040FA

Hi Евгений,

thanks for your report! I wonder if you had to enable the untested
board enable to make it work (because I would expect that but you did
not mention anything about that)? Also, which flashrom version did you
use? In any case I have marked the flash chip as fully tested and will
commit that later together with other small changes.