[flashrom] N25Q128..1E flashed successfully

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Dec 23 23:39:51 CET 2015

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 20:45:55 +0100
Márton Miklós <martonmiklosqdev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have successfully flashed a N25Q128..1E SPI flash using flashrom with
> a 16MB image.
> The programmer was an external one: NI USB-8452. This is not supported
> in the mainline yet, but patch is coming soon.
>
> /Flashing output (I have forgotten to //run with -V//)://
> //flashrom v0.9.7-unknown on Linux 3.13.0-70-generic (x86_64)//
> //flashrom is free software, get the source code at
> http://www.flashrom.org//
> //
> //Calibrating delay loop... OK.//
> //Found USB device (3923:7514).//
> //USB-8452 IO voltage set to: 1.8 V//
> //USB-8452 SCK frequency set to: 50.00 MHz//
> //Found Micron/Numonyx/ST flash chip "N25Q128..1E" (16384 kB, SPI) on
> usb8451_spi.//
> //===//
> //This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: PROBE READ ERASE
> WRITE//
> //The test status of this chip may have been updated in the latest
> development//
> //version of flashrom. If you are running the latest development version,//
> //please email a report to flashrom at flashrom.org if any of the above
> operations//
> //work correctly for you with this flash part. Please include the flashrom//
> //output with the additional -V option for all operations you tested
> (-V, -Vr,//
> //-VE, -Vw), and mention which mainboard or programmer you tested.//
> //Please mention your board in the subject line. Thanks for your help!//
> //Reading old flash chip contents... done.//
> //Erasing and writing flash chip... //
> //Erase/write done.//
> //Verifying flash... VERIFIED.
>
> /Patch attached./

Hello Márton,

thanks for your report!
I have marked the flash chip as fully tested and will commit that later
together with other small changes. The reason why I don't apply your
patch as is is twofold: 1) it contained the wrong white space in the
changed line (spaces instead of tabs), 2) it is not worth the effort
and would create an unusual small commit anyway without good reason. Of
course I will mention you in the commit log however.
I am looking forward to your programmer patch as well! Let us know if
you need any assistance.