[flashrom] Programmers

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Aug 29 00:58:52 CEST 2015

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 08:47:51 +1000
Keith Emery <k.emery.nbn at internode.on.net> wrote:

> Fair enough.  Though I had one more question which as of yet I haven't
> been able to get a straight answer.  Is there any flashrom supported
> programmers that I can just buy?

Various if you only need to access SPI flash chips (which is likely on
modern platforms), you may even own compatible hardware already.
Arduinos can be made to work as programmers, RaspberryPis or
BeagleBones work almost out of the box etc. See our wiki for more
details.

> UEFI freezing or rebooting every 40 minutes.  Usually in the middle of
> these sorts of emails.
> Is getting... rather old.  :(

I knew that UEFI allows for complete network stacks in the firmware but
this is the first time I hear about an email client ;)