[flashrom] Programmers

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Aug 28 23:44:16 CEST 2015

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 03:51:48 +1000
Keith Emery <k.emery.nbn at internode.on.net> wrote:

> G'day
>
> I read recently you were interested in expanding the list of programmers
> supported by flashrom.
> I would recommend supporting those that appear on ebay; as they are
> cheap and readily available.
> In Particular the following as it happens to be the one I already own.  :)
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/XTW100-Programmer-USB-Motherboard-BIOS-SPI-FLASH-24-25-Reader-Burner-/201315807055?hash=item2edf5b6f4f

Hi,

of course we are interested in adding support for new programmers but
this is not how it works. :) If the communication protocol is known,
then write and send a patch that adds support. If there is no public
protocol specification someone interested and skilled enough needs to
reverse engineer how communication with the programmer works first.
Don't expect anyone but yourself to do this work... in the best case
you will be pleasantly surprised if someone beats you to it.