[flashrom] PMC25LV010E

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Fri May 30 21:37:34 CEST 2014

On Fri, 30 May 2014 18:41:38 +0200
The Raven <originalraven at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Am 30.05.2014 16:48, schrieb Stefan Tauner:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Thanks for the log. I think the engineers at PMC interpret JEDEC's
> > "continuation code" in a very *unconventional* manner. The good thing
> > is that your log somewhat corresponds with the datasheet. The attached
> > patch should detect the chip correctly, which IMHO is a PM25LV010 (no E
> > suffix). I could not find any hint that such a model exists... I think
> > you read a trailing E as part of the model number although it is part
> > of a lot number or something similar. Even if not... it seems to match
> > the non-suffix model (probing) behavior and that's all that counts. :)
> I have done a "quick test" and the patch works! I can read, write and
> erase the
> "E" chip. :-) Yes, it has an "E". Can i add a picture? Then you see it. ;-)
> In the next days i do more tests with this chip. And i also test my other
> "PM25LV010" witch was detected as "PM25LV010(A)". But on the chip is
> no "A". Seems to be a strange thing this PMC-Chips...

Yes, they are strange... not all of them seem to be wrong regarding the
continuation code.
Anyway, if you say you can read/write/erase the chip, then that's
enough reason to mark it as tested and commit the fix along with that.
I have hence committed the patch + a changed .tested field of the
Pm25LV010 in r1806, thanks a lot for your efforts.