[flashrom] Avoton patches for flashrom

TR Reardon thomas_reardon at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 02:03:39 CEST 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Stefan Tauner
<stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2014 19:18:04 -0400
> TR Reardon <...> wrote:
>
>> cool, just tried and was enable to read the descriptor (64K) and then
>> the actual BIOS (6MB).  I had to edit out the write-only check in
>> cli_classic.c, assumed that was relatively safe.
>
> I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry.

Er... flashrom currently only allows using the layout codepaths in
write mode; there is a check for this in cli_classic.c, which I
disabled.

The log I sent previously described two regions, a "descriptor" region
at 0-ffff (64K), and the BIOS itself at 200000-7fffff (6M).

When I use --verify, unlike --read, it fails.  The final line of
output (the only difference) is:

Verifying flash... FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected=0xff, Found=0x00,
failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x007fffff: 0x7d0bdf

Logs attached