[flashrom] Winbond W25X32 Read, Erase and Write tested (with serprog Arduino-Programmer) and all works!

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Apr 27 05:56:39 CEST 2014

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 09:58:21 +0200
The Raven <originalraven at hotmail.com> wrote:

> See the attached Logs for details.
> All Operations seems to work.
> I have done more than one "read" and the verify is always ok.
>
> If you need more tests or something else, let me know.
>
> Greetings
>
> Raven

Hello,

thanks for your report!
I have marked the flash chip as fully tested and will commit that later
together with other small changes. Just a small note: your write test
does only test the first sector. While this is no problem for this
pretty much standard chip, I would appreciate tests with random data in
the whole image in the future if you don't mind the extra work. This
would increase the test coverage and that's always a good thing :)
No need to re-test this one though.