[flashrom] Issues

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Wed Oct 23 23:34:16 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Daniel Raburn <dandeaf1987 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi i have issue for IEC MARIO FISH 2330 CR-48 Insyde BIOS and somehow it
> crash and it shutdown.  and i decide to turn on boot... seem it damage
> already not able to read my SSD (hard drive) but it able to read my USB
> memory but the screen say  Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please Connect
> a recovery device. and i did recovery and it works and install and whatever
> is list is done. and it reboot and same issue . Any Suggest?
>
> Also i have backup for flash rom too. you can look on attach file. and
> figure out how to force to flash it.
>
> Thanks
> Daniel Raburn

Hi Daniel,
Are you sure it's an issue with the BIOS? I suspect the issue is actually
an SSD failure of some kind. SSDs are generally reliable, however the
connection between it and the mainboard may have come loose. If you can
open up the machine, check that cable is aligned with the connectors and
fully inserted, and that the fastener clip on the mainboard connector is
pushed in all the way. Here is a picture to help: http://goo.gl/KBjqlq

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.