[flashrom] New board for list

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu May 30 23:29:30 CEST 2013

On Sat, 18 May 2013 15:48:56 -0400
Aurelius R <maxrowsell at gmail.com> wrote:

> The board from the HP Pavilion a6200n which has the NVIDIA nForce 430
> Chipset works great -- I tested it multiple times reading, writing and
> erasing the BIOS chip, no flaws, no errors at all. I'm also going to try
> and write the VESA chip (nVidia MCP61-80) which seems to be a separate
> chip, because that is the chip that seems to be causing all the trouble on
> this board.
>
> Anyway, just thought you'd like to add that info to your list. I can also
> provide the dump from flashrom -V that the program says to email to you, as
> support isn't quite complete for my board/chip if you want.

Hello Alexander,

yes please send a verbose log (probing for the chip is good enough for
now, no need to read/write).
Can you confirm that this is the board in question?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01077676&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3548643

You seem to be under the impression that the graphics core uses a
separate flash chip for its firmware. This is probably not the case.
Instead it shares it with the "BIOS" chip that flashrom accesses.