[flashrom] Flashrom patch submission

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jun 17 20:43:44 CEST 2013

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:21:29 +0000
Greg Schardt <gschardt at ddn.com> wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> My patch does include your patch for reads, but some modifications were required to apply it to version 0.9.6.1, and the patches for writes and verifies would have been difficult to merge with that version. I also had to modify any attempts to read the entire flash, since these cause transaction errors if there is a locked region. Do I need to submit this as a series of patches, applying yours, then applying my patch (to fix the problems associated with the versioning), or can I leave it as a single patch to 0.9.6.1?

I see. You should have talked to me before starting. I have up to date
patches too, see https://github.com/stefanct/flashrom/tree/layout

Ideally you would apply my patches to the current flashrom (0.9.6.1 is
quite old) and send the difference between that and your changes on
top of it. If there are bits that I think are useful I can integrate
them to my patches or apply yours on top of them...

If updating to the latest source before applying the changes or
separating your changes from mine is too much work for you then just
sending the differences between your current state and 0.9.6.1 is ok
too. I'll figure something out :)

> So should I just send the patch to this email address once it is signed or does it get submitted elsewhere?

Yes. You create the patch file, add it inline (or as attachment), add
the signed-off-by line and send it to the mailing list. Patchwork
extracts any patches sent here automatically and makes them available
at http://patchwork.coreboot.org/project/flashrom/list/