[flashrom] Want to donate 110 Euro to flashrom.org thru paypal if can get 45 minute help with flashing BIOS

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 12 09:40:13 CEST 2013

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:15:36 +0700
jakob neubert <jakobneubert at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Well, am a non-programmer so just trying to figure out what to write
> correctly in the terminal window is very difficult. Spent 3 hours on
> that yesterday.
>
> Can't make it save the BIOS - and - can't make it erase BIOS either.
> When doing that then it says that write protected.
>
> When trying to flash BIOS then it says that the motehrbnoard is not
> supported - but, its a common mother board with common parts on it from
> Realtek, Broadcom and so on.

You are describing the things you tried and their outcome very sketchy.
You have not even mentioned if you have used flashrom or the vendor
tools(!). We can not diagnose anything that way. We need to know exactly
what commands you used and what the response was. If you have flashrom
installed already send us the log file generated by
"flashrom -p internal -o flashrom.log" please. That would be a good
start.