[flashrom] Want to donate 110 Euro to flashrom.org thru paypal if can get 45 minute help with flashing BIOS

jakob neubert jakobneubert at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 12 05:15:36 CEST 2013

Hi Stefan :)

Well, am a non-programmer so just trying to figure out what to write
correctly in the terminal window is very difficult. Spent 3 hours on
that yesterday.

Can't make it save the BIOS - and - can't make it erase BIOS either.
When doing that then it says that write protected.

When trying to flash BIOS then it says that the motehrbnoard is not
supported - but, its a common mother board with common parts on it from
Realtek, Broadcom and so on.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013, at 18:39, Stefan Tauner wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 17:22:24 +0700
> jakob neubert <jakobneubert at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> > I am un-able to flash my computers with flashrom and have already been
> > using gparted, rescuecd, linuxmint, Ubuntu and so on.
> >

> > They are Acer aspire 4755G and Acer aspire v3-471g laptops (I7 CPU, 8
> > GB ram).
>
> Please provide some verbose output and/or error messages, for example
> the complete output of flashrom -p internal -VV
>
> --
> Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Stefan Tauner
Kind regards,
Jakob Neubert

Clarity Ltd.
Sukhumvit 20