[flashrom] VIA VT6421A

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 5 07:19:34 CEST 2012

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:08:18 +0200 (CEST)
Magyar Szabolcs <mszabi at freemail.hu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I post a success story about a VIA VT6421A based SATA/PATA PCI controller. The flashrom can probe/read/write successfully the onboard PMC Pm49FL004 chip. I downloaded the patch from http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/3214/. Just one thing... "BAR type unknown..." I don't known the meaning, but it worked for me without errors. Please add the patch from above to the trunk. I attached a verbose probe output too.
> […]
> Found chip "PMC Pm49FL004" (512 kB, LPC, FWH) on atavia.

Hello Szabolcs and thanks for your report!

Sorry that it took so long, but i am now trying to make the atavia
programmer working on all possible boards. As you found out it works on
yours, but that is actually a coincident. The BAR thingy is dealt with
and was just a cosmetic error, but there is another problem which was
not visible to you.

Do you still own that controller?

If so could you please post...
- the output of lspci -nnvvvxxx (run as root)
- the vendor and model name of the card
- the revision number of the VT6421A chip (below the "VT6421A" string)
  and the country noted on the right.

Thanks!