[flashrom] flashing 0806 bios for P5WD2 PREMIUM

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 5 06:31:24 CEST 2012

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 13:44:53 +1000
Mark Starikov <mr.mark.starikov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please let me know if there is a quick fix that can get this board flashed
> or(as this is very old hardware now) i would understand that support for
> such would be limited.

Hello Mark,

your board needs a board enable: http://flashrom.org/Board_Enable
Usually someone disassembles the BIOS to find the necessary procedure,
you can also try what is mentioned in the wiki. Since reverse
engineering this stuff has become boring for those that are able to do
it, dont expect it to be done by someone else soon-ish (sometimes
wonders happen though, the mighty assembler gods are unfathomable :)

In any case please provide the output of lspci -nnvvvxxx run as root
and if possible also superiotool -deV, thanks.