[flashrom] 80/100/132 column line width policy

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun May 6 14:12:32 CEST 2012

Unless someone protests, I'd say 112 columns are the new absolute hard
limit, and there is no exception for anything except tables.
Table compression (i.e. having a few rows with unaligned elements
following a super-long element) is good as long as the majority of
elements in each column are aligned.

Those limits only affect new code for the next 2 months starting today,
and if we're still happy with the limit after 2 months, the rest of the
code will be changed gradually where it helps readability.
Should we encounter code within the next 2 months where 112 columns are
way worse than 120, the limit will be increased to 120 with no
additional evaluation time period.

http://www.hailfinger.org/