[flashrom] Optiplex 380 BIOS read

sai at rawthrills.com sai at rawthrills.com
Tue Mar 13 21:11:21 CET 2012

Hello All,

I am trying to use flashrom to read/write my bios settings.

This is the error that I get when I try to read the BIOS:

Found chipset "Intel ICH7/ICH7R". Enabling flash write... WARNING:
Setting 0xdc from 0x2 to 0x3 on ICH7/ICH7R failed. New value is 0x2.
WARNING: SPI Configuration Lockdown activated.
Setting BBAR to 0x00000000 failed! New value: 0x00e00000.
PROBLEMS, continuing anyway
Found Macronix flash chip "MX25L1605" (2048 kB, SPI) at physical
address 0xffe00000.
ich_spi_send_command: Internal command size error for opcode 0xab, got
writecnt=4, want =1
ich_spi_send_command: Internal command size error for opcode 0xab, got
writecnt=4, want =1
Reading flash... Read operation failed!
FAILED.

When I read through this mail archives, I learned that SPI locked down
configuration is not possible. I read through the list of supported
hardware and I could see that MX25L1605 is among the list of supported
hardware.

But I still not able to read my BIOS settings. Any suggestions would
be appreciated

Sai