[flashrom] Mainboard no tested

hector j c1b3rh4ck at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 01:04:25 CET 2012

2012/1/15 Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at>

> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 01:12:58 -0500
> hector j <c1b3rh4ck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi recently i'm using flashrom for  update a new mainboard,a friend of
> mine
> > giving me this week,i've used flashrom sometimes but
> > unfortunately i've been checking and the chipset,i try flashrom and it
> show
> > me this message :
> >
> > This chipset is marked as untested. If you are using an up-to-date
> version
> > of flashrom please email a report to flashrom at flashrom.org including a
> >
> > *Enabling flash write... This chipset is not really supported yet.
> > Guesswork...
> > Please send the output of "flashrom -V" to flashrom at flashrom.org with
> > your board name: flashrom -V as the subject to help us finish support for
> > your
> > chipset. Thanks.
> > OK.
> >
> > so i'm attaching two file one the verbose exit,and two my mainboard
> > information using dmidecode,and if you receive this email please send me
> > confirmation or if you need more information just send me a mail .
>
> hi
>
> from my very limited experience i think the chipset usually works just
> fine. in this case flashrom does not detect the flash chip. this can
> mean two things:
>  - either we have to toggle an IO pin of the chipset (dependent on the
>   mainboard) to enable the chip at all, or
>  - the chip is not supported yet.
>
> most probably you just need a board enable
> (http://flashrom.org/Board_Enable) due to the first option.
>
> can you please confirm that this is you board
> http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9N6PGM2-V.html#/?div=BIOS
> please also provide the output of lspci -xxxnnvv (run as root).
> creating the board enable can take days to months dependent on the
> motivation of our volunteers.
> --
> Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Stefan Tauner

Hi,
Is affirmative that's my board,but it not works,now i have two of the same
boards and testing in the first didn't work,and the second is awaiting
for,so im  providing you  the  output,i'll  read  the link.

thanks for your support.

-----
*"Quien se infiltra en la oscuridad ,es Quien encuentra la verdad .Lao Tse "
*
Debian User
Penetration Testing
Colombian Security Researcher