[flashrom] I lost my backup image and now my pc doesn't start...!

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jan 11 01:46:38 CET 2012

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 07:54:04 +0200
İlhan Kahraman <ilhan805 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I think, I exaggerated things a little bit, due to excitement of my
> inoperative mother board. The fan of cpu is working. I noticed that the
> fans are working, in my latter flashing attempts, which I tried later than
> I e-mailed you. The problem is that it is rotating in a very low constant
> rpm.

hi again,
hm... doesnt the fan spin up fully at power-on first and is then
throttled down afterwards (by software)? this is usually done because
not all fans have the same start up voltage. some start at 6V or even
less, others need more than 10V (even if they continue spinning at lower
levels after getting to speed once). this shouldnt be different even
for 4-pin fans i think...

>  I am sorry about that misleading e-mail :(
> if I am not bothering you, would I continue to share my adventure with you?
> is the aim of this mailing group, that?
well as long as it is related to flashrom, it is right. not sure if
everyone subscribed to the list (>200 ppl) is interested in personal
recovery stories though :)
if you find a solution for your problem that might be interesting for
others too, i'd love to hear it! good luck