[flashrom] My mainboard is not on the list, but I need to upgrade the Bios

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 24 22:30:20 CET 2012

On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 10:19:39 -0500
"Gianfranco Liuzzi" <gielle at mail.com> wrote:

>  1) http://www.asrock.com/mb/VIA/775Dual-VSTA/?cat=Download&os=BIOS This is the download page. Which one should I download, the Windows one or the DOS one?

doesnt matter since you just need the image file which should be equal
in both packages, but you need to take care that this image is the
correct one. flashrom does only check for correct file size but
nothing else.

>  2) Can you type me the exact command I should input in the terminal with the options in the right order? Not that I don't know how to use it, but I want to be sure I don't accidentally screw up anything.

there is virtually no way to screw the command line up so that you
won't notice and can not recover.