[flashrom] My mainboard is not on the list, but I need to upgrade the Bios

Gianfranco Liuzzi gielle at mail.com
Sat Dec 15 16:19:39 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Stefan Tauner
Sent: 12/15/12 12:42 PM
To: Gianfranco Liuzzi
Subject: Re: [flashrom] My mainboard is not on the list, but I need to upgrade the Bios

 On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 21:08:41 -0500 "Gianfranco Liuzzi" <gielle at mail.com> wrote: Hi, while there is no guarantee that it will work (and you have to choose the right image of course), I do not see any potential problems in the log. > Multiple flash chips were detected: "W39V040B", "W39V040FB" > Please specify which chip to use with the -c <chipname> option. You just has to use the option to select one of the chips. If you want to make sure then look at the chip on the board, but the two chips are similar enough that both should work. Good luck! -- Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Stefan Tauner
 I was a bit worried about it not working. Can I ask just two other questions, just to be sure since I don't want to lose this mainboard?

 1) http://www.asrock.com/mb/VIA/775Dual-VSTA/?cat=Download&os=BIOS This is the download page. Which one should I download, the Windows one or the DOS one?
 2) Can you type me the exact command I should input in the terminal with the options in the right order? Not that I don't know how to use it, but I want to be sure I don't accidentally screw up anything.

 Thanks in advance.