[flashrom] Issue with flashrom tool

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 15 09:05:41 CEST 2012

Hi Lap Ngo Doan,

your flashrom version is very old. Please get a newer flashrom version from
https://launchpad.net/~flashrom-developers/+archive/flashrom-daily
or compile latest flashrom from source: http://flashrom.org/Downloads

Am 15.08.2012 05:14 schrieb Lap Ngo Doan:
> We are preparing flash new rom (coreboot.rom) to Persimmon board using
> flashrom tool
> http://www.coreboot.org/AMD_DB-FT1_PERSIMMON
> http://www.amd.com/us/Documents/49286_Embedded_Solutions_Brief_FT1_web.pdf
> Before do that, We'd like to make a test of  using  flashroom tool.
> [Envrionment]
>                           Hardware: Persimmon board
>                           OS: Ubuntu 10.10 32bits
>                           Flash rom tool: flashrom
> [Testing steps]
>                          1. Use flashrom tool to capture/read current ROM
> file (to make a backup) :  ROM_BOARD2.rom
>                                          $flashrom -r ROM_BOARD2.rom
>                           2. Verify captured data (ROM_BOARD2.rom) with
> current ROM
>                                           $flashrom -v ROM_BOARD2.rom
> Unfortunately, the verifiy status is FALIED ==> We are not confident to use
> flashrom tool to update new rom file

Please retry the test with flashrom 0.9.5 or 0.9.6 or newer in verbose mode:
flashrom -p internal -VV -r ROM_BOARD2.rom
flashrom -p internal -VV -v ROM_BOARD2.rom

Then post the new verbose logs to this mailing list.

http://www.hailfinger.org/