[flashrom] Winbond W39V040A seems working

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 27 16:41:17 CEST 2012

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 02:06:26 +0200
István Rétallér <istvan.retaller at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it seems I found a working chip with UNTESTED status.
> Probing for Winbond W39V040A, 512 KB: probe_jedec_common: id1 0xda, id2 0x3d
> Found chip "Winbond W39V040A" (512 KB, LPC) at physical address 0xfff80000.
>
> It was checked in an old NF-7 Abit motherboard as follows:
> sudo flashrom -Vr /tmp/backup.bin
> The file is attached and seems valid. Some more info about the board:
> *-core
> 	product: NF7-S/NF7,NF7-V (nVidia-nForce2)
> 	vendor: http://www.abit.com.tw/
> 	physical id: 0
> 	version: 2.X,1.0
> *-firmware
> 	vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
> 	physical id: 0
> 	version: 6.00 PG
> 	date: 08/19/2004
> 	size: 128KiB
> 	capacity: 448KiB
>
> I am ready to try writing as well, but cannot Google appropriate
> binarí bios :(
> István
>
> A non-text attachment has been stripped:
> "backup.bin" is at http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1168

Hello István,

thanks for your report!
The flash chip you mentioned is already marked as tested in the current
version (so please update).
Abit has been bankrupt for quite some time and they eventually shut
down their FTP server. I have backed it up, but apparently the
directories for the NF7 are empty, sorry. :/