[flashrom] Winbond W39V040A seems working

István Rétallér istvan.retaller at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 02:06:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

it seems I found a working chip with UNTESTED status.
Probing for Winbond W39V040A, 512 KB: probe_jedec_common: id1 0xda, id2 0x3d
Found chip "Winbond W39V040A" (512 KB, LPC) at physical address 0xfff80000.

It was checked in an old NF-7 Abit motherboard as follows:
sudo flashrom -Vr /tmp/backup.bin
The file is attached and seems valid. Some more info about the board:
*-core
	product: NF7-S/NF7,NF7-V (nVidia-nForce2)
	vendor: http://www.abit.com.tw/
	physical id: 0
	version: 2.X,1.0
*-firmware
	vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
	physical id: 0
	version: 6.00 PG
	date: 08/19/2004
	size: 128KiB
	capacity: 448KiB

I am ready to try writing as well, but cannot Google appropriate
binarí bios :(
István

A non-text attachment has been stripped:
"backup.bin" is at http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1168