[flashrom] Report: Spansion flash S25FL032A and S25FL016A with ASRock 880GM-LE

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 27 15:58:08 CEST 2012

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 19:05:10 -0300
Lur King <zim_publicidad at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Both Flash parts reads OK. Didn't try write yet as i have to prepare the new binaries.
> Booting off a windows 98 SE CD, flashrom didn't want to work with FreeDOS (DMI Pipe open error).
>
> both reports follow:
>
> flashrom v0.9.5.2-r1517 on MS-DOS 7 (i786), built with libpci 3.1.5, GCC 4.3.2, little endian
> flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org
>
> […]
> Found Spansion flash chip "S25FL032A" (4096 kB, SPI).
> ===
> This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: PROBE READ ERASE WRITE
> The test status of this chip may have been updated in the latest development
> version of flashrom. If you are running the latest development version,
> please email a report to flashrom at flashrom.org if any of the above operations
> work correctly for you with this flash part. Please include the flashrom
> output with the additional -V option for all operations you tested (-V, -Vr,
> -VE, -Vw), and mention which mainboard or programmer you tested.
> Please mention your board in the subject line. Thanks for your help!
> Reading flash... done.
> […]

Hello Lur,

thanks for your report!
I have marked the S25FL032A flash chip as read tested and will commit
that later together with other small changes.
The other chip was already read tested and for the mainboard to be
added we would need a successful erase/write. Please let us know if you
have tried, thanks.