[flashrom] Handling Multiple devices

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 17 11:07:18 CEST 2012

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:15:48 +0530
Raghuramchary Jallipalli <Raghuramchary.Jallipalli at lntinfotech.com>
wrote:

> Hello Experts,
> Does flashrom utility has the capability to program BIOS in a multiple device scenario. In my case, there are two flash devices(each 4MB size) on a SPI interface. The BIOS image build tool we have builds two images of 4MB size, one for flash 1 and other for flash 2. The BIOS sits in the second flash. Now when I issue the command flashrom -w test.bin , does it program the bios region flash?? The test.bin(4MB size) in the command is for the flash 2.  […]

Hi

with the current code you would need to combine both images into one
single file. if the descriptor is correctly set up flashrom will use
hardware sequencing to program both chips and there should be no need
for special command line options. without a valid descriptor it is not
possible to program multiple chips on intel chipsets at all because
they do not offer an interface to switch the chipselect line manually.