[flashrom] Handling Multiple devices

Raghuramchary Jallipalli Raghuramchary.Jallipalli at lntinfotech.com
Tue Apr 17 07:45:48 CEST 2012

Hello Experts,
Does flashrom utility has the capability to program BIOS in a multiple device scenario. In my case, there are two flash devices(each 4MB size) on a SPI interface. The BIOS image build tool we have builds two images of 4MB size, one for flash 1 and other for flash 2. The BIOS sits in the second flash. Now when I issue the command flashrom -w test.bin , does it program the bios region flash?? The test.bin(4MB size) in the command is for the flash 2.  Below is the flash layout.

Flash 1:
------------------------ 4MB
|  ME Region      |
------------------------ 4KB
|  Descriptors    |
------------------------ 0

Flash 2:
------------------------ 4MB
|   BIOS                 |
------------------------ (4MB - BIOS size)
|                              |

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Raghu

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"
 This email and attachments have been scanned for
 potential proprietary or sensitive information leakage.
 Websense Data Security, Protecting Your Information from the Inside Out.
 www.websense.com