[flashrom] Add timeout check to SPI bitbang bus request

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 14 19:11:01 CEST 2011

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:48:27 +0100
Iain Paton <selsinork at gmail.com> wrote:

> Stefan Tauner wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:19:04 +0100
> > Iain Paton <selsinork at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> the spi device on the card is an AT25F1024N which doesn't appear to be supported anyway..
> >
> > http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2011-July/007449.html
>
> Thanks for those.. Obvious that I've not been paying enough attention to the ML :)
>
> Anyway, having applied your four on top of what I have the result is much the same. I do
> at least see it probing for the AT25F1024(A) now.
>
> Seems that this timeout is causing it not to even get that far. I've tried tweaking
> MAX_REQUEST_LOOPS to no avail, even x100 has the same result.
>
> Other suggestions welcome !
>
> Iain.

i have played with an unsupported intel nic too, see
http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2011-August/007475.html especially the second mail.
your problem sounds similar. maybe you need an enable procedure too
(different from the one in nicintel_spi_init), or you dont really have
the at25f spi chip?
i have not looked at the data sheet of (your) 82540EM (yet), but it
might help if one does... ;)

please keep us updated and thanks for the at25f testing!
no idea atm why the registers are pretty printed two times, but i will
look in to it later.