[flashrom] RFC: conditionalize delays in JEDEC erase instructions

Michael Karcher flashrom at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Sat Mar 5 23:57:13 CET 2011

Hello Carl-Daniel,

Am Samstag, den 05.03.2011, 22:30 +0100 schrieb Carl-Daniel Hailfinger:
> > If I understand it correctly, the delays in erase_sector_jedec_common
> > are mostly for chips that need commands to be written so slowly - these
> > chips should require a probe delay, too. So would there be a problem to
> > put these delays into a "probe timing not zero" test?
> >

> AFAIK the erase delay is used on chips which need the probe delay
> anyway, so your test would indeed cover those problems. However, there
> is one exception: Winbond W39V040C. See the mail at
> http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2009-December/001330.html We
> could add a new feature bit for this...

I don't see how that is related, except for also covering some erase
problems. My idea was about removing the delays between the command
bytes, while that patch slows down the toggle bit detection. I did not
intent to change the toggle bit stuff or use the non-slow call. Do I
miss something?

Regards,
  Michael Karcher