[flashrom] flashrom support for EP-9NPA7I

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jun 20 21:45:23 CEST 2011

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:54:31 -0500
"Colin L. Rice" <dah4k0r at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for missing you guys earlier. It works.
>
> Note that this is an EP-9NPa7I. But eh whatever.

jup i am aware of that. i have a fix for the "misdetection", but it was
on purpose that i let you try the 0x92 patch without that fix.
thanks a lot for your testing! your board will be supported in one way
or another by the next release.

> Output:
>
> flashrom v0.9.3-r1338 on Linux 2.6.38-8-generic (x86_64), built with libpci
> 3.1.7, GCC 4.5.2, little endian
> flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org
>
> Calibrating delay loop... delay loop is unreliable, trying to continue OK.
> Found chipset "NVIDIA CK804", enabling flash write... OK.
> This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SP.
> Disabling flash write protection for board "EPoX EP-8NPA7I"... OK.
> Found chip "SST SST49LF004A/B" (512 kB, FWH) at physical address 0xfff80000.
> Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling coreboot-related checks.
> Erasing and writing flash chip... Done.
> Verifying flash... VERIFIED.

so. the patch from jonathan works for this board too (besides the
EP-8NPA7I and a bunch of others according to him).
the question now is if we want to enable it for all ck804 boards by
default (i.e. ack the patch as is), or if we wanna put it in a board
enable.
i think it is ok to apply it as is, even if we are not 100% sure it is
safe everywhere.
please speak out now if you differ before i ack it.