[flashrom] P8H61 PRO

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Dec 10 01:14:20 CET 2011

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 06:59:31 +0600
novoagansk at gmail.com wrote:

> > On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 01:45:03 +0600
> > Pavel Petrov <novoagansk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If i send to you utility from asus and flash image,
> it may be happy to help make you flashrom program better?
>
> I have kubuntu linux 32bit on my computer and i can experimental run your
> next beta version flashrom program to help make this program better...
>
> If flashrom program make system unbootable - i have a programmer to reprogram
> bios and i have soldering iron and smd rework station to get bios from
> motherboard to programmer.

Hello Pavel,

we are aware that the vendor tools are able to unlock the region and of
course we could download them. The problem is not accessing the tools
but that no one has the time and motivation to re-engineer them to find
out how exactly they are doing it.

If you want to help test new code it is probably the best idea to
subscribe to our mailing list and read what is sent by the devs. Be
aware though that much of the traffic are user reports and/or support
questions...