[flashrom] adding support for 82545GM (et al).

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Aug 1 14:54:54 CEST 2011

friend of mine allowed me to play with his dual fiber nic remotely.

it is an Intel PRO/1000 MF PCI-X card based on the 82545GM controller:
http://geizhals.at/119043
http://download.intel.com/design/network/datashts/82545gm_ds.pdf
http://download.intel.com/design/network/manuals/8254x_GBe_SDM.pdf

i was able to probe the attached chip (SST39VF020) after adding the PCI
ID, but reads returned all 0xFF. i need to verify that this is not
correct, but i am quite certain that there is a working bootrom in
there.
i have not looked too much at the code, commit log, ml archive or the
datasheet yet, maybe there is something obvious for you...?

why does flashrom detect the card twice although there is only one in
there?

should we add a maximum size field to the pcidev_status arrays that
hold pci programmers? i wanted to do something like that ever since i
discovered that the 3com nic have a 128 kB limit (after borrowing a
bunch of them to access a 256 kB chip...).

PS: i have also tried to add the other nic's PCI ID (82562EZ-based) to
no avail.