[flashrom] Flashrom stuck using 100% cpu while probing for a chip

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Aug 1 13:51:45 CEST 2011

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 13:14:56 +0200
GatoLoko <gatoloko at gmail.com> wrote:

> "stefanct" tried and reproduced it on a machine with nicintel_spi, but
> warned it was with an unsupported nic:
> http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=738

i am playing with a 82545GM fiber GbE pci-x nic. (name in the log above
is wrong).
i have added the pci id to nicintel_spi.c which is wrong... because
it supports parallel flashes (not sure if it does *not* support SPI at
all though) and has an SST39VF020 attached.

so mostly ignore my log regarding this bug please and see the other
thread about my nicintel problems instead :)