[flashrom] [patch] partial write test script

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Fri Oct 29 22:51:54 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <
c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> On 29.10.2010 21:53, David Hendricks wrote:
> > Before you commit, add the last range to the unaligned layout and maybe
> add
> > a note to the comments above. Maybe something like:
> > [...]
> >

> Done. Thanks for the torture test script.
>
> Acked-by: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>
> and committed in r1218.

Naturally, I already hit a snag.

When running the script, it seems that the added "$FLASHROM_PARAM" can get
expanded incorrectly by the shell thus causing flashrom to barf when
$FLASHROM_PARAM is empty. I suspect it quietly passes in "".

The attached patch is a simple s/\"$FLASHROM_PARAM\"/${FLASHROM_PARAM}/g.
This seems to work.

My shell-fu is only moderate, perhaps someone with more expertise can verify
that this is the -correct- way to do it.

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.