[flashrom] ASUS A8N-VM CSM results (write/erase failed)

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon May 24 21:23:27 CEST 2010

On Monday 19 April 2010, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried out flashrom on an ASUS A8N-VM CSM board: read seemed to go fine,
> but write failed.  Information about the board:
> http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=JBqqlpj4cspbSa3s
>
> flashrom -V, lspci -nnvvxxx, superiotool -deV, flashrom -rV and flashrom
> -wV output is attached.  The BIOS I was trying to write was the rev 1001
> one available from the above ASUS page.

Just to ensure I understood the flashrom project process correctly:

Is there something else besides sending the info I did I could do to get this
board supported (or marked as not working) in flashrom?  I haven't noticed
anything related to the board happening in svn and I'm afraid I can't help
with coding support for it.

I *guess* probe and read could be marked as working but I haven't able to
actually verify that; the image I read from BIOS with flashrom wasn't exactly
the same as the vendor shipped one.  And as noted earlier, my write attempt
failed and it seemed to try to do an erase at start so I guess that means both
write and erase (or at least erase?) are non-working at the moment.