[flashrom] Flashrom - DOS version report

RayeR rayer at seznam.cz
Wed Mar 17 10:14:06 CET 2010

Hello,
I tried DOS version of flashrom and have some notes.
First I tried it at work on a Dell PC with ATI SB600
chipset but it failed to read flash.

Then I tried at home on P31/ICH7 board and works fine,
here'e listing of flash process:

/This chipset supports the following protocols: SPI.            128,040
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Found chip "Winbond W25x40" (512 KB, SPI) at physical address
0xfff80000.
===
This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: ERASE
Please email a report to flashrom at flashrom.org if any of the above
operations
work correctly for you with this flash part. Please include the flashrom
output with the additional -V option for all operations you tested (-V,
-rV,
-wV, -EV), and mention which mainboard or programmer you tested. Thanks
for your
 help!
===
Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
Writing flash chip... Erasing flash before programming... Erasing flash
chip...
spi_block_erase_20 failed during command execution at address 0x0
SUCCESS.
done.
Programming page:

COMPLETE.
Verifying flash... VERIFIED.

/It flashed OK but why it displays this?
spi_block_erase_20 failed during command execution at address 0x0

Then I looked with trace tool that flashrom makes some
strange file operations, see log in attachment.

I found it tries to open dmidecode.exe I had it in PATH but when
not flashrom hanged for some seconds and displays
Bad command or filename about 6 times.

Superiotool works on my ITE chip OK. BTW I UPXed it from ~2MB to 80kB :)

Martin